Joel has 19 years of experience with managing websites, blogs, online communities and social media profiles surpassing upwards of 700,000 fans. He has broad travel experience covering 6 continents. His online fundraising success covers over $300,000 raised in half a dozen campaigns run independently and with teams. Joel has worked with companies and nonprofits both big and small.
Daddy’s Grounded, Blogger/Brand Ambassador (2012 – Present)
- Parenting blog that focuses on personal stories, product reviews, and sponsored content. It currently averages 7,500 visits a month.
- Brand ambassadorships and sponsorship arrangements have included Starbucks, Best Buy, DreamWorks, Netflix, Denny’s Diner, Applebee’s, Sears, PBS, Domain.ME, KIND Snacks, Lee Jeans, Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry, Stride Rite, LEGO, Graco Baby, Little Remedies, Naked Juice, Clorox and more.
Five Iron Frenzy, Website & Social Media Manager (2008 – Present)
- Promoted “Engine Of A Million Plots” (the band’s rebirth album after a 10-year break). It hit #9 on the Billboard Independent charts.
- Ran Kickstarter campaign that raised $100,000 within the first 24-hours of campaign launch.
- Website currently averages 4,200 visitors a month.
Union Church of Hinsdale, Project Manager (2006 – Present)
- Responsible for editorial, graphic design & print work covering newsletters, emails, blog posts, local targeted advertising, technology support, audio/video editing, and website and social media management.
- Working in fast-paced & adverse environments with multiple points of contact.
- Website recognized as a Top 10 site in the United Church of Christ out of over 5,100 churches in the denomination.
Fuel International, Freelancer (1997 – 2011)
- Traveled regularly to over a dozen countries for various humanitarian aid projects.
- Managed all online communication for volunteer groups while traveling.
- Organized, ran and documented live events for up to 1,100 people
Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, CSS, HTML, PHP, WordPress, CoSchedule, HootSuite, Customer Service, Trade Shows, Conferences, Project Management, Working Remotely, etc.