Craft Beer Enthusiast
Social Media Manager
Joel has 20 years of experience with managing websites, blogs, online communities and social media profiles surpassing upwards of 700,000 fans. He has broad travel experience covering 6 continents. His online fundraising success covers over $300,000 raised in half a dozen campaigns run independently and with teams. Joel has worked with companies and nonprofits both big and small.
Bootstrapped startup making it easy for craft beer drinkers to drink at the source via an online directory.
- Created, promote & maintain national brewery directory: BreweryFinder.org
- Over 1,000 breweries listed on the site in 7 states with expansion plans to all 50 states by 2019.
- Currently in BETA with an average of 8,500 visits monthly.
- Future funding planned through investors, VIP memberships, paid smartphone app & branded sponsorships.
Parenting blog focuses on stories, product reviews, sponsored content and event coverage.
Blogger/Brand Ambassador (2012 – Present)
- This side-project currently averages 29,000 visits monthly.
- Brand ambassadorships and sponsorship arrangements have included Starbucks, Best Buy, DreamWorks, Netflix, Denny’s Diner, Applebee’s, Sears, PBS, Domain.ME, KIND Snacks, Lee Jeans, Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry, Stride Rite, LEGO, Graco Baby, Little Remedies, Naked Juice, Clorox and more.
Union Church of Hinsdale:
United Church of Christ congregation in an afluent western Chicago suburb.
Project Manager (2006 – Present)
- Responsible for editorial, graphic design & print work covering newsletters, emails, blog posts, locally targeted advertising, technology support, audio/video editing, and website and social media management.
- Working in fast-paced & adverse environments with multiple points of contact.
- Website recognized as a Top 10 site in the United Church of Christ out of over 5,100 churches in the denomination.
Five Iron Frenzy:
Moderately successful rock/ska band from Denver, CO.
Website & Social Media Manager (2008 – 2016)
- Promoted “Engine Of A Million Plots” (the band’s rebirth album after a 10-year break). It hit #9 on the Billboard Independent charts.
- Ran Kickstarter campaign that raised $100,000 within the first 24-hours after launch.
Small non-profit focused on international humanitarian aid projects.
Freelancer (1997 – 2011)
- Traveled regularly to over a dozen countries for various relief and aid projects.
- Managed all online communication for volunteer groups while traveling.
- Organized, ran and documented live events for up to 1,100 people.
- Spearheaded fundraising efforts for the organization’s various mission projects.
Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, CSS, HTML, PHP, WordPress, CoSchedule, Buffer, HootSuite, Customer Service, Trade Shows, Conferences, Project Management, Remote Work.
Public speaking & presentations, Flexibility, Lifelong learner, Integrity Friendly, Enthusiastic, Confident, Accountable, Reliable, Resourceful, Self-disciplined, Agreeable, Hard-Working, Creative, Supportive, Helpful, Strong-Work Ethic.